One word. Crockpot.
Any meal that has the ability to be created in one pot is kinda like magic. See, the thing about me, is I
like love, cooking. However, I dislike doing dishes. A lot.
This sweet potato chili is spicy, sweet, savory, and simple. SWEET!
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon and one lime
- 1 28-can diced tomatoes
- 4 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained (or 6 cups freshly cooked)
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs crushed red pepper
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 c. chopped fresh cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- fresh diced grape tomato (topping)
- chopped avocado (topping)
Turn Crockpot on high, drizzle olive oil over the bottom of the crockpot, add both onions and sauté for at least 5 minutes. Add all ingredients except for lime wedges, tomato and avocado.
Allow all ingredients to cook on high for at least 5 hours. (add more water if it begins to look dry)
No one likes a dry chili.
When ready to serve top with diced tomato and avocado and spoon that shit into your mouth.
Made with love,