Saturday, November 10, 2012

almond butter and fig snack

Are you hungry? if not, you will be after you look at these photos. Good news, this is a healthy snack. So go ahead! 
If I am looking for a well balanced snack that will satisfy me without leaving making me feel overly full, this is my go to. Perfect to eat before a yoga class or a run. Or really anytime you I am short on time. 
Ingredients: 
  • 1 Slice toasted sesame bread (ezekiel)
  • Heaping smear of Almond butter 
  • Adriatic fig spread 
  • Fresh figs 
Essentially this is a gourmet version of an open faced peanut butter and jelly. You could substitute any nut butter and any fruit spread or jam topped with fresh fruit. Have fun with it. Whoever said 'dont play with your food' has no idea what they are talking about! 






Made with love, 
Emily 


2 comments: