Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vegan chocolate chip coconut cookies

When the worlds of chocolate and coconut come together magic happens. Tropical and comforting. Yes, comforting is an adjective for a flavor that only chocolate can bring on.
I made cookies that create this very magic coupling. Chocolate chip coconut cookies, or CCCC. These treats have just the right texture, slightly crispy on the outside and a wee bit of softness on the inside. There really is not much else to say about these sweeties. You are just going to have to make them for yourself to taste the magic.


 
Whats in em':
  • 3/4 c coconut earthyB
  • 3/4 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c coconut milk 
  • 3 tbs pure maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 2 1/4 c unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c vegan semisweet chocolate chippies
  • 1 c shreadded coconut
How to make em'

  • Oven @ 350
  • In a bowl mix all wet ingredients until light fluffy and smooth
  • In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients, except for chocolate and coconut. 
  • Add dry to wet. 
  • Fold in chocolate and coconut
  • Use ice cream scooper to make perfect lil mounds 
  • Save some dough to eat raw, go ahead. no eggs, lick that spoon. 
  • Bake for 17 min
I am always surprised that I actually manage to bake cookies, and not just eat the entire bowl of batter. When I pull out all the ingredients I might as well tell my boyfriend I am making cookie batter, not actual cookies. However, on this occasion I knew I was making them to share with guests. So I had no choice ;)

 How to eat em'
  • Pour yourself a chilled glass of coconut milk, 
  • Grab a stack of cookies (just to save yourself all those trips back and forth from the cookie jar, one is never enough, lets just come to terms with that right now) 
  • Sit down,  put your feet up
  • Enjoy the magical taste of chocolate and coconut in a cookie.

Made with love,
Emily
 

4 comments:

  1. YUM... i agree that chocolate and coconut are perfect together. yummy yummy yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! But what is coconut earthyB?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks macky! Coconut earthyB is coconut earth balance, it is made from organic coconut oil and is soy and gluten free!It is my personal favorite to cook and bake with.
    http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/product/organic-coconut-butter/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look divine! I went out and fetched some coconut earth balance (which I've been eyeing to buy for a while now anyways!) just to make these! This may sound like a dumb question, but do I have to grease the baking sheet at all? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete